Joining a class
Two methods are available:
- In the main menu above, click on “COURSES”. If you are already a member, click on “Login” and enter your member number and password. If you are not a member, click on “Enroll as New Member”. Click on “View or select Courses”, hover over a course name to see current enrollments, click on the course name to read course details, and use the tick box to select courses – there are instructions on this page. When finished, you can see your enrollments at the bottom of the “Member Details” page
- If you prefer to use paper, obtain the Course Selection Form from the newsletter, and mark the classes that you wish to join. The form then needs to be returned as per instructions on the form. If the class is already full, you will be notified. If you registered an email address with us, an automated email will be sent, confirming your enrollments. Otherwise you can assume that your name will be on the roll. If you haven’t enrolled in a single session or short course class and wish to attend, please check with our office before you decide to attend.
Record your attendance on the class roll, by placing a tick against your name on the appropriate date.
This is a useful record of numbers attending, and is vital if an emergency evacuation is needed (we need to account for everyone). If your name is missing, please add your name to the roll. Please wear your identification tag.
Apologies For most classes it is not necessary to submit an apology if you cannot attend.
For pre-paid trips and other activities, it is important that you notify us beforehand.
For activities where numbers in attendance will affect the organisation of the class, your tutor will provide a phone number or email address to contact.
Classroom Changes We are the guests of SuniTAFE and they may require a venue that we have booked, we may need to use LR2 for exam supervision, or a class may need to be cancelled.
When a change is necessary, we will try to notify you by one or more of the following methods:
- An email notice – check your emails.
- A phone call – check your answering machine or messagebank.
- A notice on the LR1 noticeboard – please regularly check the noticeboard.
Classes using the Auditorium and Hub Do not take food into the Auditorium. When having morning/afternoon tea in the Hub, please do not impede traffic in the walkway by congregating there.